Go Back   The Quad4Forums > Site News and Polls > Site Polls
View Poll Results: Are you interested in Custom Decals?
Yes, I'd be interested. 5 83.33%
No, Decals really aren't my thing. 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2014, 12:23 AM
nukkinfuttz
Striking the fear of QUAD
Classifieds Rating 100% (2)
Make: Chevy
Model: Beretta GTZ
Engine: Turbocharged, Intercooled LGO
vinyl decals?

So I bought this awesome new vinyl printer with the intentions of starting an internet based business. I'd like to gauge interest on this site to see if you guys would be interested in having custom decals made for you. I can make anything you want, any color, multi-color, etc. The reason I am creating this poll is I'd like to advertise and do business on this site, but there is a pretty steep "Authorized Vendor" fee associated with the site before I can do so. So, I am just trying to get a feel for if this service is desired or not so I can make a good decision about paying that fee.

Note- Please do not PM me asking for custom work unless I become an authorized vendor here. If you have any questions about exactly what I can or cannot do, feel free to ask, but we will not make any deals until I first pay that fee. Sound good? The machine maximum decal size is 34" wide and unlimited length.

Pricing will be pretty straightforward... Length + Width / 2 = Price. Example, a 2"tall x 6" long decal of single color would be 4.00 plus shipping. Something that small would probably go in regular mail, so I'd say shipping would almost be negligible for smaller decals.
If your design has multi-colors, then the price would be double because there are two sheets of the same size involved in the construction.

Let me know how you feel about it with the poll. Thanks!

Shawn
Holset HX-35 7 Blade Twin Scroll.
http://youtu.be/d0bkr6-xlbs
Old 12-03-2014, 10:19 PM
nukkinfuttz
here is some resent work as an example
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20141115_233544_893.jpg   IMG_20141117_231229_538.jpg   IMG_20141122_152117_725.jpg   IMG_20141127_180258_789.jpg   IMG_20141128_212838_702.jpg  

Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM
unruhjonny
Pontiac-oholic
Make: Pontiac
Model: 1991 Grand Am LE-W32 coupe
Engine: LGO in 'Rocketparts' trim.
I am a little dissapointed that you think being a 'Premium Business' member (or as you called it an 'authorized vendor') is "pretty steep".

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15473

I recognise that it is double what is asked for a regular membership, but it equates to roughly $4.17/month ($50 annually) - that is a far cry from steep.
Last time I checked, you couldn't even get a 'Happy Meal' for $4.17.

Just so that you know, and so that a degree of transparency is maintained, I will explain why we set it up that way we did;
It pretty much comes down to two reasons:

1) It costs us to host, and maintain this site.
We do get donations (memberships), for which I am grateful and do not want to downplay;
On average though, memberships fall far from the yearly fees that are required to keep this site up & running;
Since our memberships fall short of covering these costs, for the most part, I actually end up paying out of pocket to host this page.
I am not complaining, but I'm just calling it like it is.

2) We would hope that anyone here who's making money off of this site (in any way) to financially support us - to ensure that we stay up & running.
We give 'premium business' members their own section which they have control over - this gives them the ability to advertize/control their section as they see fit.

If $4.17/month is "pretty steep", how can you afford a to own, let alone to run a vinyl printer?

Forgeting website regisrtation fees, only looking at the (cheap) hosting fees, a single business membership would cover hosting for roughly three months.
From my understanding of other sites, their 'authorized vendor' fees are exponentially higher than ours - but then again, many of these sites are run as a business, where as Quad4Forums isn't;
We are here to help enthusiasts with no strings attached.

I hope the vinyl printing side business work out well for you, weather or not you should choose to help with upkeep fees of the Quad4Forums.
1991 Grand Am SE coupe; red, LGO (sold)
1991 Grand Am LE coupe; red, LGO/W32

2 Timothy 3:1-17 / 1 Corinthians 2:12 / Mathew 13:23 / Ephesians 4:18
Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
nukkinfuttz
Jonny, thanks for the input. When you look at it over a yearly basis, yeah its not bad. But starting up a new business I have to be prudent about where I send my starting capital. If I pay multiple sites vendor fee's, I could be shelling out several hundred dollars, which I would like to be able to recover quicker than 1 year. I have also just put out several hundred dollars to purchase the machine, the vinyl and application papers, tools and stuff.

its not that something is wrong with quad4forums price... rather I wanted to gauge if my business would generate sales here or not. If not, then it would be a bad decision on my end to spend the money and never make a sale. See what I mean? For example, this thread has got 163 views, but only 6 responses on the poll question. I take that to mean roughly 130 people (taking a stab at multiple views from same individual) didn't really have any desire for decals.

my small decals might only be 2-5 dollar range, therefore paying 50 in order to have the opportunity to make 15 bux doesn't sound like the right thing to do at this point.

but, now that I have made several finished products, I figured I should put those pictures up here and maybe that will generate more interest actually seeing it. I can hope at least.

And like I said in my original post, you have my word I will not make any sales behind the scenes to avoid the fee. If I generate any sales via this site, I will have first paid the required fee.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:25 PM
biz
Make: Pontiac; Oldsmobile; Chevrolet
Model: 93 GAGT; 89 I-Series; 90 GTZ
Engine: HO; HO ; HO
Lately it seems like if you want to get eyes on a thread here you just post a link to the quad4 facebook pages.