Go Back   The Quad4Forums > Engine Specific Discussion > Quad 4/Twin Cam General Discussion > 2.4l Twin Cam General Discussion

Old 10-04-2017, 03:21 PM
♙♙♙♙♙♙Detroit♙♙♙♙♙♙
Classifieds Rating 100% (1)
Make: Z
Model: DOHC
Engine: The Shaker
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-3241/overview/
Screw the sensor into the oil filter adapter. May need a reducer bushing. Wire a dummy light into the IP somewhere near the current oil pressure gauge.

Where are the grounds located and what material did you use? Are any of the positive wires shielded?
Old 10-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Edgecrusher
Make: 1997
Model: Sunfire SE
Engine: 2.4L Twin Cam
Thanks for the help. By oil filter adapter are you saying there's a port on the oil filter mount or are you suggesting I add an adapter like a remote adapter on which I could put or find a port?
What is that two wire sensor on the bottom of the pan? I need to go back and reread some of these old posts because I know someone answered all these before.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM
♙♙♙♙♙♙Detroit♙♙♙♙♙♙
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
Thanks for the help. By oil filter adapter are you saying there's a port on the oil filter mount or are you suggesting I add an adapter like a remote adapter on which I could put or find a port?
hopefully the 1st, otherwise you'll need to do #2 or #3.

Quote:
What is that two wire sensor on the bottom of the pan? I need to go back and reread some of these old posts because I know someone answered all these before.
its the "too late, shes toast'' low/no more oil light.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Edgecrusher
Lol. Yeah useless light for off-roading.
Ok I guess I'll look around and see where I can find a port.
Just reread my thread. I really appreciate all the help you and the others have given. It's come a long way!
Old 10-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Edgecrusher
I couldn't take it anymore. After work yesterday I went to storage and fixed the mix-up I made on my rear signals then evaluated the throttle cable and found that if I added a return spring in the back I could eliminate stuck throttle until I can get the proper length cable. Then I took it out on the street!
Brakes improved with a little more use and it felt like the computer was learning because the power delivery improved. The cheap Equus water temp gauge didn't go past 130-ish degrees but maybe that was true. The motor is open-air and the cooling fan, controlled by the computer, was running the whole time for some reason. When I grabbed the hoses it seemed hotter than that. I think if I get that bigger brake master cylinder the pedal travel will be better and that'll help a ton. 1st gear is a little high for quick take offs so I'll have to talk to some VW guys and see what it would take to get gearing changed. I tried to get it going as fast as I had room for on side streets without attracting too much attention but it was hard to get out of 1st let alone 2nd. I think 1st would take you up to 50mph if you wanted. Reminds me of my sportbikes. I just wish I had more on the bottom end. This might pose a problem taking off in loose sand especially if I get some new tires with any kind of traction to them.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Edgecrusher
I didn't see a good spot for oil pressure/temp senders. Theres a sensor right above the filter but it has an offset mounting bolt (doesn't screw in) so that won't work. I don't remember what this sensor was although I have it wired into the computer. Maybe the Crank Sensor? Maybe I'll have to see about a oil filter adapter of some sort. Nobody has any idea off the top of their heads what the thread is on the filter do they??
Old 10-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Edgecrusher
little vid of it running last night..
http://https://youtu.be/DJ1Nb6FPCbQ

Last edited by Edgecrusher; 10-05-2017 at 09:33 AM. Reason: wrong format
Old 10-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Edgecrusher
So I found a sandwich adapter from GlowShift which has 3 npt ports on it for senders. Costs $30. As long as I have 1-1/8" to push the filter out that's my solution.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:51 PM
♙♙♙♙♙♙Detroit♙♙♙♙♙♙
I know the quad 2.3 has a few locations. 1 if equipped with factory oil filter adapter, 1 in the cam carrier where the oil sender goes in on the ex-cam driver's side behind ps pump, 1 at raer of block near water pump iirc. Then for SOHC, one in the "valley".
Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
♙♙♙♙♙♙Detroit♙♙♙♙♙♙
Quote:
then evaluated the throttle cable and found that if I added a return spring in the back I could eliminate stuck throttle until I can get the proper length cable.
Could a throttle box from a 2.3 GTZ be of use?